In most cases, you will NOT need planning permission for installation of windows but will require a FENSA Certificate.
As from 1st April 2002 all windows and doors (doors being 50% glazed or more) installed after this date will require a FENSA Certificate. On completion of your installation a FENSA Certificate will be posted to you directly from FENSA within 8- 10 weeks from the date of completion.
There are some exceptions where a Fensa Certificate will not be required, these are as follows:-
- Doors installed are less than 50% glazed
- All conservatories installed are excluded
- Garage doors or doors installed within a garage are excluded
- Planning Permission or Building Regulation Approval have been applied.
There are some exceptions that Planning Permission may be required from your Local Authority, these are as follows:-
- Your house is in a conservation area, a National Park, a registered AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) or any other area, officially considered to be environmentally sensitive
- Your house is a Grade I or II Listed Building